3 Questions September 1st 2017

1) What tasks have you completed recently?
- Recently I performed a density lab in which you weigh pennies and put them in order by date, then put them in a graduated cylinder with 30ml of water by 2s and measure the difference of volume to find their density. I also performed a activity where your task was to find the thickness of aluminium foil. In order to do so you had to measure the length and width of the foil and then weigh it. After recording those results I calculated the area, volume, and then find the thickness.
2) What have you learned recently?
- Recently I've learned many things. I learned how to find the density of an object by using water levels to see the amount of displacement that certain object creates. You just subtract the difference of volume by your initial volume. I also learned more about Significant digits and what rules apply to how many Sig digs you keep. If you are multiplying something you can only keep your lowest amount of Sig digs so for example if you were multiplying 25.364 x 26.1 you can only keep one Sig dig because the 26.1 only has one, so your answer would be 662.0
3) What are you planning on doing next to improve your understanding or reinforce your learning?
- I plan on practicing with Sig digs more so I can better understand all the rules and steps to get the correct amounts of Sig digs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Question Blog 4/20/18

Exploring Measurement in the Food Industry

3 Question Blog 2/2